What is Yoni Massage?
Yoni massage is a type of sensual massage.
Yoni massage is a tantric massage that focuses on the labia, clitoris, G-spot, uterus, the breasts, and other erogenous zones.
Yoni massage therapy aims to help you feel more comfortable with your body and gain a better understanding of what feels good to you.
Yoni in Sanskrit refers to the vagina and means “a sacred space.”
A yoni massage is about honoring the vagina and treating it with respect and care.
Yoni massage can be done alone or with your partner but is not necessarily about sex or release. Rather it is an exploration of your most intimate of areas and your connection with it.
What are the benefits of Yoni Massage?
Yoni massage is a way to approach your own sexual pleasure without it being about performance or expectations.
I just wanted to explore me. To know how good I could feel and how untapped my potential as a sexual being was.
The practice can be good for those who have experienced sexual trauma and are not yet ready to find a partner again.
The slow and methodical approach can help to make sexual expression fun, laid back and positive.
Yoni massage is also excellent for couples, lesbian couples may find this particularly interesting as an avenue to explore each others vagina.
How to Give a Yoni Massage
Prepare the mood and space
Yoni massage is about your journey of sexual and spiritual energy. It’s about finding out what’s in you. Though you can try a relaxing playlist, opting for no music is a great idea. as it will distract you from exactly how you feel and what is going on.
You might want to try some candles, but again scented ones will make things more comfortable but will also change the experience.
The way to think of it is, the more you add to the romance of the experience, either solo or with someone else the more you potentially take away from the spiritual element.
Oil can be a must, and don’t be afraid to apply generously. Keep a towel on hand if things get a little too messy.
Choose accordingly exactly what you are looking to achieve and act more or less frugal respectively.
Find somewhere dark, far from distractions, somewhere you can truly relax.
Try the floor, or the bed. Get some cushions ready if needed. Turn up the heating or put a fire on.
This is a tantric experience. Tantra is about ritual, its about a slow meditative process of personal exploration.
Let go of expectations and attempt to focus on the journey more than the destination.
“Yoni massage can lead to orgasm, sometimes mutiple but this isn’t the focus. It’s better to stay present in. It’s strange but you want to both lose yourself in the pleasure and find yourself in the moment.”
- Take some deep breaths. Focusing on your breath, as it slowly leaves and enters your body.
- Imagine your tension leaving you as a cloud of energy as you breath out.
- Try to focus on the edge of the sound of each breath, trying to hear it the moment it leaves your mouth.
- Focus on the now, if you find your mind wandering don’t criticise yourself. Simply move your mind back to your breath.
- Continue this breathing as you get started.
You might want to take a shower first,
To get started:
- Slide a pillow under your or your partners head.
- Bringing knees up and slowly to the sides to expose the vagina.
- Place the feet on the bed or ground so that they are grounded.
Warming the body up:
- Rub gentle circles around your abdomen.
- Start slowly massaging the breasts around the nipples.
- After a few minutes gently tug and roll your hand over the nipples.
- Slowly slide your hand back down your abdomen to the vagina. Take some time to rub the upper thighs and legs.
7 Yoni Massage Tecnhiques
- Push your fingers together into a cup shape and place it over the vagina
- Slowly make circles with your hand.
- Slowly flatten your hand until you use the entire palm to massage the whole area.
- Gently hold the clitoris and gently tug away and release.
- Try again with the vaginal lips.
- Try different areas, always pulling away and releasing.
- Circle the clitoris with the end of a finger.
- Vary the size of the circles.
- Alternate the pressure and speed you use with your finger but always keeping it slow.
- With one or more fingers tap the clitoris.
- Vary both the rhythm both and speed.
- Now tap on either side of the clitoris before returning back to the centre.
5. Pulling and Pushing
- Use the palm or finger(s) to push down on the clitoris gently.
- Pulse up and down gently.
- Keep pressure on the clitoris as you pull downwards towards the vagina opening.
- Repeat again on each side of the vagina.
6. Sacred spot (G-Spot) massage
In tantra the G-spot is the “sacred spot.”
- Curve your finger(s) (depending on what is comfortable) into a slight C shape.
- Use lube if needed and slide your fingers inside the vagina so that the palm is facing the same way as the body.
- Feel for a soft, spongy section and gently begin to massage.
- You can try a “come hither” motion starting from the top of the spongy part of the bottom.
- Vary your speed and pressure and use your other hand on the clitoris (and) or nipples.
7. Orgasm control (edging)
Edging is moving towards the point of orgasm and stopping, before backing away to start the process again. It is used to heighten arousal, increase pleasure and to increase the intensity of the climax once the body finally reaches it.
- Image your climax as jumping from a mountain. As you become more aroused, you are climbing higher up the mountain.
- Once you realise that you are near the top of the mountain (climax) its time to stop. Take your hand away or push your partner’s hand away immediately.
- Cool down. Take some deep breaths and put your hand over your heart to feel your heart rate.
- When you’re no longer in danger of climaxing, begin again. This time trying your best to stay relaxed and just visualise your mounting pleasure as you return or masturbation or massage with your partner.
- Again stop. The more you edge, the greater the possible pleasure as your pleasure if stored like a bottle of champagne being shook but never allowed to pop.
Yoni Massage Positions
Solo Yoni massage is great as it takes away the distraction of someone else meaning you can focus purely on your own spirit and feelings.
Lotus with hand on heart
- Cross your legs and keep your back straight.
- Keep your hands rested on your knees, palms down.
- Breath slowly in and out of your stomach.
- Place your hand over your heart and feel its rhythm and speed.
- Try to focus on the rhythm and feel its change as you massage.
If you’re with a partner
A Yoni massage with a partner can be very tantric. Try to align your breathing together and embark on the journey of pleasure.
- The one to be massaged should sit with a straight back and crossed legs.
- Gently sit behind them with your legs crossed in front of them.
- Wrap your hands around them towards their vagina.
- Try to breathe in unison.
- You and your partner lie on a bed or comfortable floor on your sides facing the same direction.
- The “little” spoon is the one to receive the massage.
- Line up your stomach and heart.
- Breath together slowly as you match each others rhythm.
To Learn More
If yoni massage or other tantric practices are of interest, there are plenty of books, online resource and professionals who can help you on your journey.
Martin also founded the Tantric Institute of Integrated Sexuality, which offers different tantra programs for individuals and couples.
What is a yoni session?
A yoni session is a therapeutic massage focused on the female genitalia, aimed at releasing emotional and physical tensions.
What are the benefits of vagina massage?
Benefits include improved circulation, reduced menstrual pain, enhanced sexual sensitivity, and emotional healing.
How long do you sit on yoni?
Yoni sessions vary in duration, typically lasting between 1 to 3 hours, depending on individual needs and preferences.
What is the yoni female organ?
“Yoni” is a Sanskrit word for the female genitalia, particularly the vagina.
How do I keep my yoni wet?
Stay hydrated, maintain balanced hormones, use natural lubricants, and engage in regular sexual arousal. Always consult a medical professional for personal concerns.